LOPE is a 501(c)(3) Texas charity and relies solely upon the generous support of our donors to carry out our program of helping at-risk racehorses find second careers, while inspiring young people through horsemanship education. There are many ways to make a difference.
If you can help with a financial donation, please send your contribution (payable to LOPE) to:
901 Darden Hill Rd
Driftwood, TX 78619
You may also make a secure online donation through PayPal by selecting the PayPal button on the upper right.
Donate to Scholarship funds for horses or people
Help an at-risk racing warrior receive long-term education at LOPE
Help an aspiring horsemanship leader learn from LOPE horses
Help at-risk youth learn about horses and horsemanship
Sponsor a Horse
If you would like to sponsor one of the deserving racing warriors at LOPE, your donation will be applied to the specific care of the horse you specify. Check out the current racing warriors at LOPE. In addition to financial donations, gifts of grooming equipment, halters, vet supplies and feed or tack store gift cards are deeply appreciated.
LOPE has permanent lesson horses for our Academy program. They are invaluable to us as teachers for our students and babysitters for our adoption horses. If you would like to sponsor one of these horses, your donation will be applied to the care of the horse you specify. Check out the permanent horses at LOPE.
Buy the Book
A portion of proceeds from the sale of each copy of Beyond the Homestretch sold will directly support LOPE’s mission of providing Texas ex-racehorses with opportunities for new careers after their racing days end. Beyond the Homestretch tells the stories of many memorable LOPE horses and what they taught author and LOPE executive director, Lynn Reardon. Order from Amazon or Learn more about the book.
- Truck: LOPE’s current ranch truck is a 2000 Ford F250 diesel with over 300K miles. We are in need of a reliable truck for hauling horses and general farm use.
- Small Tractor: with attachments for general farm maintenance and upkeep.
- Pasture Maintenance: LOPE will need to seed, fertilizer and weed control our pastures. Assistance with the cost and execution of these important pasture maintenance functions is greatly appreciated.
- Tiny House: LOPE would like to offer live-in internships to especially deserving candidates. A tiny house or small cabin structure would allow us to provide living quarters for the internships (plus can be used as a workshop classroom for interns).
- Barn Makeover: LOPE’s barn is sturdy and well-built. But it is in need of pressure washing, painting, cleaning, tack room repair/organizing and stall upgrades (mats and footing). We are looking for donations of material and/or cost for the barn project.